Lost Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin your legend and travel through many places as either a cat, dog, or wolf. Every animal has a story. Every animal has a destiny. Start yours today.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

Number of posts : 650
Location : Blood Gulch Outpost 01. Come in blue command, or red... purple?
Registration date : 2008-08-31

New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! Empty
PostSubject: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:11 pm

Yes, yes, yes, I know, I know, Fenris and Kodiak. Last time we attempted something like this we failed, and I partly to blame. (Maybe more than partly)
Well, I found a new way that would be fun and everyone, thats right EVERYONE can easily contribute. What is it? Vat is this derranged girl talking about? Why am I even reading this when I believe I know the concluding result? Well, we ROLEPLAY a script.
Ok...? How do we even do that? You ask. I say, "Simple, we go along with formal roleplaying rules and set ups, with a Game Master and everything, tweak our roleplay style a bit and volia! A story witha wide range of character personalities.
In formal roleplay, the Gamemaster is like Fate or God in this little created world. He controls the wind, the sky, creatures that are not exactly characters, and the character's senses.
As an example, here is Lost Life roleplay
River Wing ground her teeth as she stalked off, her fur bristling. Even through her anger rage she scented a rabbit and crouched low. The rabbit was nibbling on some dew-sweeted grass. Wolf stalked quietly on the prey, and with a hefty pounce, pinned the animal on the ground and ripped out its throat before it could even death cry.

Here is formal roleplay (Very, very short example)
Player: River Wing ground her teeth as she stalked off her fur bristling. She hated Trailbreaker.

GM: A scent drifted to her nose, a scent of a young hare.

Player: River Wing crouched low, slowly turning her head towards the direction the wind was coming.

GM: In plain sight, a rabbit was nibbling on the grass, totally unaware of the danger lurking nearby

Player: River Wing pressed her ears forward, her belly nearly touching the ground as she stalked forward, her eyes watching the prey carefully

GM: The rabbit suddenly freezes, a wary eye locked on the wolf

Player: River Wing froze as well, her heart pulsing fast as she waited for the rabbit to return to eating. The thought of the meat was almost making her drool as she waited for the chance.
ect. ect.
Yeah, it might seem very time consuming, just waiting for the GM to post, thats why I prefer live sims. And its not nesecarily sentence by sentence like above exammple, but it does give everyone a fair chance and its hardly possible to powerplay.
Back to the movie writing. Yes, we can write a script this way. We all roleplay, then we convert it to script format later. Sounds good right?

In case we all are interested, I can talk to Kodiak about setting up a new section specifically for this. And we quite possibly have to change the charater profiles a bit. But for the most basic rules.
1. Please, no references to last movie attempts when making your character. It will most likely bog us down.
2. When creating a history, please no sob, unrealistic stories how a pup was abandoned shortly after birth but somehow manged to survive without a food source.
3. Make your character as unique as possible. I dont want many stereotypes or similairities between characters so they are boring
4. About the whole "movie" concept, we're just writing the script, and we can sell it to a company (I researched the whole buisness)
5. Please show up regularly and for God's sake have fun!

Any specific questions, ask away. Anyone who wants to smack me over the head for bringing this whole thing up again, please do not harm your hand in attempts to do so through the screen.
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

Number of posts : 4305
Location : Where Light Meets Dark. Where Nothing meets Nutreul.
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:41 pm

HEY!!!!!!!! UR BACK!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadowofthemist.proboards81.com.com
dragonzdaughter
Guard
dragonzdaughter

Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 4:16 am

this is quite nice!! sooooooooo glad ur back Star!!
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:43 am

Hey Star, glad your back ^.^

I like this idea. But maybe instead of using our old characters, we can just make brand new ones specifically for the movie. I could make a little section (As you suggested Star) for movie roleplay, and then a section under it called "Movie approved characters and Movie character profiling".
Back to top Go down
https://lostxlife.forumotion.com
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:21 pm

Hey thank you. Glad to be back. Looong time without proper internet.
Yeah, Kodiak, making a completely new set of characters so we dont get bogged down in old details. I was thinking of this as the Profile

Name:
Nickname:
Personality: (please be detailed and unique)
History: (please be realistic and not sob, please Wink )
Theme music: (to help get a deep feeling of the character's personality)
Personal quote: example for a pecimist. We're all gonna die arent we? example for a happy go lucky: Lets do that again! goofball: Screw this, I'm sueing everyone!

Pelt color:
Markings: (dont have to be too detailed, we're not the ones drawing them)
Eyes: (Yellow, golden, orange, red-orange, grey, blue, blue-green or ice green)
Scars: (dont be too much, no confusing the audience whose good or no Wink
Special: (GM approval) (Collars, ear band, earrings from humans)
Age: (Not too old or young. Pups and elders require GM approval)

Mate: (optional)
Siblings: (optional)
Crush: (optional) (if someone has a romantic interest for another)

About the theme song. Please don't just select your favorite song. Really think about your character, you can even base your character off a song!
example: If your wolf is a loner, by choice but perhaps doesn't want to be, I'd suggest Somewhere I Belong or Boulavard of Broken Dreams

OR

Unfortunetly Somewhere I Belong fits me rather well Sad

Example: If your wolf is a party animal and relatively happy I'd suggest Bouncing off the Walls again
[ youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj96twDGhIY&feature=related[/youtube]
(I love that song)

Or if your wolf lost a loved one way back and is still wounded and sad, but tries to make the best of it, I'd suggest Memories

Or if your character thinks he's all that, try Second to None

And finnaly, if your character did something he/she still regrets I'd suggest What I've Done

Yes, I did have fun. lol
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:33 pm

Alright, I will make the forum. I will use your character form for the movie charries as well. So could we just choose our own songs for their theme song or what?
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Yeah, just pick your theme songs. Its just help to get into the mood of the character (I use the technique all the time)

About the Gamemasters, are you going to be one too? If so we have to talk about the plot and stuff.
ANd speaking about the plot, I think it would be better if only the GMs have a slagging clue what it is, makes the players really project moods into their characters, eh?
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Sure, I wouldn't mind being a GM ^.^ . And I think it would be a good idea to keep the Plot a secret too Smile
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 4:37 pm

also is this just going to be wolf rp or is it going to be multi animal?
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Everyone but GM's play just the wolves. GM's contols everything else, and each a wolf in the pack (We play the leader and the beta.)
Teehee! This is going to be so much fun! (wait, I sound a bit immature lol)
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:10 pm

Ok, sounds good. Hehe I am picturing you jumping up and down like a little kid XD
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Oh, and I forgot something in the character profile

(GM are not reqiured to follow this)
(Two highs, two lows and three mediums to complete tech spec)
Strength
Endurance
Intelligence
Agility
Speed
Skill
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:19 pm

This sounds great! I hope mii charrie is acceoted!!!!!!!!!1 (:
Back to top Go down
Emerald
Wanderer
Wanderer
Emerald

Number of posts : 61
Location : Galloping off into the full moon, awaiting another battle.
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Love! Good Idea, it give roleplay a unique trait.
Back to top Go down
dragonzdaughter
Guard
dragonzdaughter

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:30 pm

errrrr... can i just ask one thing? how can we have 2 lows, 2 highs and 3 mediums to finish tech spec, when there are only 6 things?
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:30 pm

No... It's 2 high, 2 low, and 2 med.
Back to top Go down
dragonzdaughter
Guard
dragonzdaughter

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:02 pm

but it sid 3 med... so i was confused....
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:02 am

Khill.

And now u understand.... (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!   New and Improved... Wolf Movie!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New and Improved... Wolf Movie!!
Page 1 of 1