Lost Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin your legend and travel through many places as either a cat, dog, or wolf. Every animal has a story. Every animal has a destiny. Start yours today.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stalking the Night

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Stalking the Night - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 am

Cookie sneered at Sai, then pu her attention back on Vela. Scooter's ear twitched slightly in irritation at Sai's words. "Who couldn't hear you, your voice is too annoying to ignore." She spat, her eyes glaring straight into Sai's.
Back to top Go down
https://lostxlife.forumotion.com
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

Number of posts : 650
Location : Blood Gulch Outpost 01. Come in blue command, or red... purple?
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Sai merely slid the lame remark off her back, grinning. "Eh, perhaps, but you're the ones in battle formation over two cats who just managed to infiltrate your beautifully crafted defense.
And I have no idea what the fox is doing here," she said, giving Veela an eye. "But its pretty easy to tell what the wolf-dog is doing here. There's someone who's shunned by both sides of his heritage, so he instead lives with cats who just want him for muscle. But he's okay with that; he thinks that everyone in life would either hate him or use him. How do you feel about that?"
Akando's ears twitched. He could say alot of things about that. And even for a second his eyes flashed with hate. But he gathered himself and said simply. "Its just another challenge."
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Annabelle heard the remark from the stranger-cat aimed toward the dog, and wrinkled her tiny nose at Sai. "Anyone who shuns a canine for a reason as retarded as that is just stupid." She said to her with a strong voice, totally oblivious to the fact that she was getting herself into trouble once again. She showed no fear toward the cat, not even flinching at how much bigger she was compared to herself.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Sai smiled, a genuine warm smile, to the kit. "I know, young one, I know. But its worse when they take advantage of one, like these ones are doing here." Her words were completely truthful. It their own clan, their canine was given the status of warrior, and true honor which is only halfway below Spitfire's position. Tools weren't given that.

Akando twitched his ears again, looking to Emerald with empty eyes. "I won't betray you Emerald," he whispered, his tail hung low.

Last edited by username botzgirl217 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Annabelle stared at Sai for a few moments longer, then shook her head. "He isn't blind. I don't believe he would fall for that if that was truly the other cats expectations."

Emerald looked over at Akando with surprisingly warm eyes. "I know you wouldn't Akando, and I swear on my life that what she is saying is not the truth."
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Akando looked to the concrete once again, not recognizing warmth. "Even if it was, I wouldn't care. I'm used to it."

Prowler leaned over to Emerald, whom he was right next to, whispering, "She's gonna talk us to death, then report everything she sees to Cottonmouth. But what I don't understand why there are only a few cats here. Though I don't believe Sai, we would have sensed it if the whole clan was here. Climbing trees and climbing buildings are two completely different things, someone from that clan would have stumbled if they were on concrete. There are two old cats, and a mental bumbling idiot, not counting Arsenic, and only Sai and this "ghost", who is someone I belive we encountered before, have that good of climbing ability. And they would have been seen by humans and dogs outside the alley and disturbed, and they might think if they can't hear it over the city roar, we can't."

Sai watched Prowl, unable to hear his words over the annoying, accursed buzz of the city, but she suspected that he had finally figured out that she was telling the truth about their solitary position. She got to her feet slowly, not fast and not too slow or suspicous.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Emerald held her gaze at Akando for two more seconds, then leaned over to Prowler without taking her eyes off of Sai. "I know, Prowler. I was thinking of sending out two cats to check the perimeter, but decided against it since it would be dangerous if that was their plan from the beginning. Plus it would leave our main alley less protected. She isn't going to get any info out of us either than the fact that there is an annoying kitten in our midst, which I'm not concerned about. They most likely already knew about Akando anyways prior to her coming to try and suck info out of us, so he isn't any new news either. As for there not being many other cats around, I don't understand that, but I'm not planning on letting our gaurd down just because this irritating bitch says so."

Annabelle looked up at Akando with concerned eyes, confused as to what he meant by 'he was used to it'. She did not understand how cruel the world could be to a half breed. "You have more to offer than just being someone's tank." She said calmly, staring up at him with her amber eyes.

Hummer noticed Sai begin to move. "Where you going Aurora Tiger?" He asked with his usual overly calm voice.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Prowler nodded. "She came here for information, and she got it. Even our most tempermental cat is under your and Scooter's control. It may not be the
information wanted to hear, but they're not going to underestimate your control now, which could have been to our advantage. And they know if they kill you or Scooter, the clan will fall apart."
He lowered his whisper so no one but Emerald could hear him if she listened carefully, convinced that Jinks could hear them. "We should kill her now, and the other. Outright, brutal, to literal shreds. Almost like we are not as calm and collected as we really are. That'll more than likely have them underestimate us once again, and be angered enough to not go through with the round about way that Cottonmouth is implementing now.
And if you are wondering if she will lead us into a trap, she wouldn't. Cottonmouth knows that we won't leave our turf, and he knows he can't get us into the postion in the city for an ambush. And if you noticed which way she was running to, it was to the heart of the city, not the suburbs or forest or even the docks. She and Jinks were planning to make a quick and, for lack of a better word, ninja way for getting out if they were chased by Cougar, or just once I figure out their plans."

Meanwhile, while the leader and tactican were discussing a good stratagy, Akando looked with pain clouded eyes towards the kitten. "That's their choice, not mine."

Even more meanwhile, Sai unwittingly froze solid, a flash of fear going through her eyes. "I-I was just planning on leaving, you know? Its boring here, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Emerald understood what Prowler was saying, but remained as though she was whispering as casually as before. "Alright, since me and Flash are probably the only ones fast enough to catch her, this is the plan. I'll lunge toward her and try to get her down, and if I don't already have Sai down by that time and she has started running, as soon as you see her begin to run, I want you to yell to Flash 'Chase Sai'. If I do have Sai down by that time, then yell to Hummer 'Help Emerald'. By this point, the other one should probably come from the shadows, and this is when I want you and Cougar to snag him while he goes to try and help Sai. I'm going in three..... two...... one."

Right at one, to the others seemingly out of the blue, Emerald darted across the alley toward Sai with unbelievable speed and agility, and leaped at her to pin her down, looking like a vengeful ghost in the process. Emerald knew that there wouldn't have been time to discuss the plan with Prowler further, since Sai clearly was planning on fleeing, which is why she just went for Sai with full brutality without further discussion.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Sai bolted, and a split second later Emerald landed exactly were she had been. She managed to cut a line into her tail, but that was not enough to hold her. Off Cottonmouth's daughter went, tearing over the alley wall and, when available, disappearing over the other side.
"Flash! Chase her down!" was all Flashpoint needed to take after her. A speed demon versus a speed demon. But Sai couldn't climb concrete, brick and metal well. Her paws were going to start ripping at the pad by the speed. The city had no soft ground. Which meant...
"Cougar, follow them!"
When Flashpoint caught Sai, she'll be needing help fighting her and Jinks. With Cougar's climbing skills and at least above average fleetness on his feet, he might be able to gain distance on Sai. Prowler might have abused a privilige of ordering an elite after specific instructions, but is for a greater good, so he wouldn't mind lines in his back for underminding Emerald for this.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Emerald hissed as she lost her, but quickly regained herself and bolted across the alley and catching up to Sai and Flash within seconds. Hummer went right on Prowler's command, following all of them the best he could, considering he was built like a tank, not a racecar. Emerald sped past Flash and was right behind her within a few moments. Being on home turf gave Emerald and Flash an enormous advantage. Emerald lunged at Sai's left leg and clamped her jaws around it, yanking her backwards in an attempt to drag her back and knock her to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:21 pm

(He ordered Cougar, not Hummer)

"Son of a fucking bitch!" Sai screamed in her head, ripping out her leg from Emerald's jaws at the last seconf and putting on a fresh burst of speed. Ok, SERIOUS change of plan.
She jumped ontop of a single trash can, using it, while knocking it down and spilling slimy litter onto the concrete, to jump a fence. She found herself in the place she studied before. And it was full of humans milling around, almost to focused on their route to ay much attention, but even they stopped and stared as she ran through their legs with a goal of her own.
Emerald was fast, but Sai was equal to her, if not faster. Her pads were starting to rip, but survival was more important. She launched herself onto one the birch saplings that was planted along the sidewalk, using the extremely smooth and slippery bark to her advantage. She could climb trees with extreme ease. Up she went, ensuring she could now only be chased by the best climbers of the group. Humans stared as she climbed to the edge of the topmost supportive branch and balanced expertly on the swaying and bending branch. And then she took off, landing on the roof of a bookstore. She didn't stop to look back for more than a split second to see how the idiots would match her skills of tree balance.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:07 pm

((oops, just pretend Cougar went instead then))

Emerald hissed in anger and thundered right behind Sai, hot on her trail. Emerald did not even flinch as Sai went and tipped the garbage can over and leaped over the fence. As the garbage can tipped and Sai leaped over the fence, Emerald leaped onto the garbage can mid-tip and managed to leap off of it just in time to get over the fence before the garbage can tipped completely over.

Emerald landed on the other side of the fence and was still right behind Sai. She let out a horrifying hiss, and swerved through the humans just as Sai had, refusing to lose her. As Sai climbed the tree with much skill, Emerald followed right behind her with ease, being the best and most skilled climber in the Scratch Sister gang. On the alley roof which was Emerald's "spot" and was the place where only she could get to, there was a garden with a few trees that Emerald had trained on. She climbed and leaped from tree to tree in the rooftop garden to prepare for something just like this. She wanted to be able to fight in Aurora Tiger elements.

She followed Sai as she leaped onto the roof of the bookstore. She let out another bone chilling hiss and clamped her jaws around Sai's tail and yanked back again, doing the same thing she had tried to do earlier with Sai's foot. Adreniline and anger pulsed through Emerald's veins, instinct seeming to take her over almost completely. The only thing instinct hadn't taken over was her ability to think things though quickly and make rational decisions.

Cougar still tried to catch up to them, only to stop when the garbage and the goo seemed to be in his way. "Damn it all!" he growled, turning around to go through another alleyway to reach where Emerald was.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Stillness. Strike.
Oh the silence of being a freelancer will give you. Just as Cottonmouth ordered him to do, protect his daughter at all costs. Even if it was to ruin the mission. Nothing was worth his daughter.
One moment Emerald looked as though she had the edge, the next, Thundercracker was on top of her. Leaping down from the higher roof from the right of the bookstore. Being what was called an assasin, and the element of pure surprise, the grey fox used his diving talents and montrous weight to knock all the breath out of her, and with his trained skill, broke her neck with one jerk of his horrible jaws.

Flashpoint, whose was just coming up to the tree, screamed. She could do nothing but watch the gigantic grey fox attack her leader. A sickening crack, and... silence from above.
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 pm

As all the comotion in the alley went on, Vela slipped out of the entrance, her gaze carefully watching the Aurora Tigers. With a flick of her tail, she took off through another alleyway. Through the years, the vixen had learned how to climb trees, or at least the jist of it; which would come in handy in this battle. She followed the scent of Thundercracker, using her jumping skills to leap onto the lowest branch of the tree, then the next, until she was on the alley roof, right behind Flashpoint.

Her lips curled back into a snarl, ears flicking back in agression. Vela leapt into the air, bowling into the cat.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Flashpoint then had her own problem other than the broken neck of her leader. She fell to the shingles, knocking off one as she struggled with the fox on her back, yowling and slashing at everything she could get her deadly claws on.
Thundercracker nudged Sai. "Setting up a trap for the rook and instead killing the queen," he said, knowing Sai wouldn't get the metaphor. "I'll be going now. You better go tell your father the news, Jinks doesn't seem to be on your side anymore."
And off the freelancer went, an already used card in the Aurora Tiger's hand. Sai looked to the rooftops, and not seeing a sign off Jinks, shook her head.
"Veela, hold her still, I'm going to scratch out someone's eyes tonight. Doesn't matter if its Cougar's or that bitch's."

Back at the alleway, Akando and Prowler shared a similair activity. They paced, worried about the outcome of the chase. Every so often thhey would look to the tops of the walls, paticularly focused on the one over which their leader and fellows disappeared.
A stranger came to the alley in that moment, hidden in all forms, the same one who was stalking the Sisters for months on end. He was worried about the outcome of the skirmish for the Tigers' sake. Afterall, the ambush was prepared for two dimwitted cats, not two and a more-than-competent boss to lead them. It was even expected of Emerald to stay behind, especially when Prowler mentioned that the key link in the Scratch's chain was her.

Akando suddenly stiffened, sniffing the air in long, cautious breaths. "Do you sense that?" he asked to his fellows.

Last edited by username botzgirl217 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Vela nodded at the order, snarling at the struggling cat beneath her strong paws. The ambush had been sucessful; she almost smirked at the sight of Flashpoint, vainly lashing out with her claws. A single cat against a fox would turn out disastrous for the feline, but a whole clan against her and Sai was a completely different matter. The vixen refrained from lashing forward and killing Flashpoint instantly, but she stood stationary, keeping a firm hold on the struggling cat.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Flashpoint yowled and hissed and screamed, pinned down by the unmatching weight that she could barely breathe under. She took to burying her face under herself, hearing that Sai was going to take her eyes.
Sai strode over, ignoring the small crowd of gawking humans and raised her claws.
"Look at me, you slimy bitch, more scars won't hurt scars." She looked to Veela, "Drag her head up by her ears if you have to."
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Vela smirked, lowering her jaws so they were right beside Flashpoint's ears. "Don't struggle, otherwise this will just hurt more," she hissed cruely, clamping her jaws tightly around the she-cat's ears. The vixen then pulled upward, snarling.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:29 am

Flashpoint jerked her head down, ignoring the pain of fangs ripping to shreds. "God dammit, Cougar! When are you coming?!"
Sai smirked at this, as she brought her claws down, digging under Flashpoint's eyelid and penetrating her eye, blinding her permenantly in her left. Flashpoint screamed and yowled, ripping out her ears from Veela and burying her head once again.
A rock suddenly struck Sai in the neck, and she slid down the other side of the roof as she tried to gather the sudden attack. Another rock hit Veela behind the ears, and Sai looked over the annex of the roof to see who brought them under seige. It was the humans who had been gawking.
"Playtime's over, fox. Kill her or leave her!" And with that Sai left for the country, remembering what Thundercracker said, that Jinks might not be on their side.
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 pm

Vela shook her head, quickly ridding of the daze that had occured once the rock hit her. She whipped around, snapping angrily at the humans, warning them to make a move. A few little kids sulked behind their parents, while a few others snatched rocks up in their hands. Growling in frustration, the vixen turned back to Flashpoint, sinking her jaws into the cat's neck, hoping the brute force of the bite would crack the windpipe, or possibly the throat. "I'm not leaving until I see your dead corpse at my paws," she hissed, her voice barely muffled.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Flashpoint screamed, but now on her back, she could fight. She ripped her razor claws across Veela, doubling up so she could reach her face. She wasn't one to give up quickly...
But air, she needed air! Veela's jaws clamped it it shut. She slit sections of Veela's face open, but she was getting weaker... weaker... Black was begining replace the red in her sight, greying out the edges of her tunnel vision to an unfocused mess, and creeping in.

Sai flew across the alleyways, heading into the outskirts. Was it true Jinks had betrayed the Aurora Tigers? If Jinks was doing his job her father would have been already been informed and she would have met them. Maybe Thundercracker was just messing with her head, like the thugs like to do sometimes. Wait, no, there would be no point. Thundercracker might have just made a casual observation and went on it. But, really, another one?

Akando looked around in the silence of the alley. Something was definatly wrong, he could feel it. He looked back to Prowler or... a stranger black cat? At first Akando truly didn't recognize him, but he couldn't pinpoint exactly what difference he had to Prowler.
Akando shook his head to clear it. It was true, Prowler was mysterious and withdrawn, but he was no stranger, he was a skilled tactican for the Scratch Sisters, one who will help win the war. Wait.
"Prowler, was it really a good idea to send the three out alone?"
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Vela didn't flinch as the cat's claws scraped her muzzle. She desperately wanted to fight back with her own claws, rake them down the side of Flashpoint's flank and watch in satsfied, cruel amusement as blood seeped out of the wounds and onto the concrete, but canine claws were blunt. They weren't even sharp enough to aid in killing a rabbit. Vela's only real weapon was her size in general, and, of course, her fangs, only tightening their grip around the throat as the she-cat struggled. "Don't struggle," her voice was cruel, ragged with danger, yet amusement edged it, "it'll only hurt more."
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Flashpoint mustered everything she had in two actions. "Fuck you!"
She latched her back-claws into Veela's eye socket by pure flexibility mixed heavy with luck. She wanted to dig deeper, even though the sensitive nerves would get Veela off her, but then, she couldn't do anything any more. Black replaced sight, and everything became numb. She dropped over the edge that seperated life from death, and she knew, even if the fox were to let go of her, she'd would be too far gone to come back.

Prowler twitched his ears, and suddenly that odd feeling Akando felt was gone. "It was not my descion. Emerald was the one who decided to chase her down with three."
Akando narrowed his eyes a bit. "I wasn't accusing you of anything."'
"Forgive me, but that's what it sounded like," Prowler said, giving the slightest indication of a respectful nod.
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 am

Vela yelped as the she-cat's claws scraped over her eye, instantly releasing Flashpoint's neck. Slowly, only a blurry image began to appear in her left eye, almost completely black. Shit! The vixen thought desperately, letting a whimper escape her muzzle, she's blinded my eye! For a predator, losing an eye could be fatal, especially in a battle. A whole side of her vision was almost gone, the gawking humans only faint blobs. Her whole life had turned upside-down by a single fight. From any battles leading on from this, if Vela was forced to face two opponents, she wouldn't have much luck; as one attacked from her visible vision, another could leap at her blind-side. Hunts could also end badly. Letting a few ragged whimpers escape her blood-splattered muzzle, Vela curled her lips back and clamped her jaws around the limp body of Flashpoint, rearing onto her hind legs and throwing the cat a few metres away.

Lashing her bushy tail, the foxett raised her muzzle and parted her jaws. A low, victorious howl rang out through the city. The Scratch Sister's gang wouldn't be able to tell it was Vela who was making such a sound, as she had used a fake voice when talking to them. "You bitch..." she muttered as her head fell back down, her good eye eying Flashpoint's body. She wouldn't leave until she was sure the cat who had blinded her was dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stalking the Night
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Life :: Two Legged territory :: City-
Jump to: