Lost Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin your legend and travel through many places as either a cat, dog, or wolf. Every animal has a story. Every animal has a destiny. Start yours today.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stalking the Night

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Stalking the Night - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Emerald leaned over and whispered to Akando. "I suggest you start mingling a little. You'll be better off if you make some allies at the beginning, trust me. I would suggest starting off with Cookie, the calico over there, since she is the easiest to get along with and could probably put a good word in for you to the others." Emerald then nodded her head to him, and walked toward the food pile and took out a mouse to nibble on.

Just then Cougar and Scooter and the rest of the hutning party came into the alley, Cougar and Scooter stopping dead in their tracks when they saw the large canine standing in their alley. Their faces were petrified, and their fur stood up straight on end. After a few seconds of the staring, Scooter slowly and cautiously walked over to Emerald, not taking her eyes off the wolfdog as she did so. Once she got to Emerald, she slowly turned her head to her.

"Is he supposed to be here?" She asked, her voice a mix of fear and fierceness. When she saw Emerald nod, she nodded back, then turned back in the direction of Cougar who was still staring at the wolfdog like a ghost with all the mice they had caught in his jaws. She nudged him, and practically pushed him all the way to the food pile where he dropped the mice into the pile. It was obvious that the dog was part of them now, so Cougar had no need to ask. Scooter sat beside Emerald as she ate, while Cougar went over to hisbrother and lied down beside him, still glancing at the dog every few minutes.
Back to top Go down
https://lostxlife.forumotion.com
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:20 am

"Get out of here, shoo!" The angry yell echoed through the alley-ways, followed by the clattering of trash cans falling over. The human muttered to himself, before stalking back into his shop.

A small vixen quickly made her way towards an abandoned alley, panting as she gently walked into it. She had just attempted to steal food from a nearby restaurant, but failed. Scents wafting through the air put her on-edge, there was a gang of strays nearby, and she was highly outnumbered. Deciding to take a risk, Vela trotted back out the entrance to the alley and followed the scents, moist nose pressed to the cement. Eventually, she rounded a corner to see a few cats and a.... wolf?

Varen wasn't good with strangers, but she'd have to put on her best 'innocent' act if she were to get food. "Hello," she called calmly, her crimson form nervously approaching the group.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

Number of posts : 650
Location : Blood Gulch Outpost 01. Come in blue command, or red... purple?
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:49 am

Akando whipped his head around, hearing the nervousness in the voice, but he didn't make a move. Instead, he pointed his ears in Emerald's direction, waiting for a signal of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:01 am

((Apparently a few months have gone by prior to Varen appearing, so everyone trusts Akando now and injuries are healed XD))

Emerald's ear twitched as she heard something enter their alley way. She let out a ferocious hiss, and her head darted to the direction of the intruder. She stalked \swiftly up to her, looking like a shadow against the alley walls. She looked over the intruder quickly, checking for weak spots or anything else she might find useful. She slowly inched her way forward, eyes piercing into Varen's like knives.

"Why are you here?" Emerald let out an enraged and intimidating hiss, still inching forward as she said this. Her eyes were like ice, cold and hard toward the stranger.

"Your on Scratch Sister turf." Scooter hissed from a little ways away, sitting beside Hummer who had his fur standing on end and a terrifyign expression on his face.

Cookie Dough remained silent beside Akando, no expression on her face. Secretly she felt sorry for the female for accidently wandering into their alley, but she wouldn't dare say that to Emerald or Scooter, or any of the other in fact.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:10 am

Flashpoint hissed from her vantage point, her tail held high over her back as she leaped from one dumpster to the other over the fox's head. She crouched low, switching her gaze from Emerald to the stranger. She had only seen a fox once before, and found them to be rather pathetic.

Akando looked down at Cookie for a moment. "What's her chances?"

Prowler, with impeccable stealth, slipped between the fox and the alleywall, holding the newcomer captured.

Flashpoint noted this and adjusted her position to compensate Prowler for his solitary position from above.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:17 am

Emerald saw Prowler block the fox's escape route, but did not take her gaze off of the vixen. She continued to inch closer, until stopped just two tail lengths away from her.

Cookie looked over at Akando, knowing that he probably was the only one that wouldn't give her shit for having some sympathy for the fox. "Unless Emerald is feeling generous today, probably one to a hundred." Cookie whispered back, her voice lightly coated with sadness, but her voice consisted mostly of doubt.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Akando nodded, but used a whisper to give her light of what he himself was thinking. "That's what happens when you turn your back on danger."
Slowly, he walked up behind Emerald, giving the fox the worst terror that could be delivered by a single member of this clan; a full grown wolf with eyes set on glaring death.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 am

As Emerald and the others awaited a response from the fox, a small four month old kitten by the name of Annabelle was wandering the dark alleyways of the city, trying to find her way back home. She was not afraid of the darkness around her, nor was she afraid of the threatening murmurs she heard wherever she walked. She was not one to be frightened easily. She was however, a bit uneasy at the fact she could not remember how to find her way back home, plus the fact that she was alone. One thing that she despised was being alone. She mewed sadly to herself, which she did whenever she was alone.

She then stopped dead in her tracks when she smelt a canine. Now, most cats would have ran away at the scent of a dog, but Annabelle did just the opposite. A huge smile appeared on her face and she stopped mewing. She padded quickly toward the scent, arriving at a fence which seperated the harbour from the alleyway. She saw a fox, and a lot of feirce looking cats with their backs turned to Annabelle at the other end of the alleyway. She remained unafraid though, not paying much mind to any of it. She knew she was still unseen by any of them, and sniffed the air again to track the canine scent she had smelt earlier. It was stronger now, and she peered back into the alleyway since that was where the smell was coming from. She finally laid eyes on a very large canine, and her eyes lit up at the sight. She quickly pushed her way through on of the holes in the fence, and ran happily toward the strange canine. She was too small and quick for any of the Scratch Sister Gang to notice her running, not to mention their backs were facing her. She came up from behind the dog and leaped onto his right forepaw playfully, knawing on it happily. She looked absoloutely adorable, but she was totally oblivious to how dangerous what she had done actually was. She continued to knaw playfully on the stranger's paw, giggling to herself.

As Emerald waited, she could have sworn she scented her human family's scent. She quickly shook the thought off though, deciding that the thought was just absurd.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:25 am

Akando started at the feeling of a gnaw on his foot and jumped. His first thought "How the fricken hell did the fox attack me?"
He looked down to see it was a ball of fur, a kitten...?
Second thought "This thing will ruin me. GET IT OFF!"
He jerked his paw up away from the kitty, not wanting to make a scene, or hurt it.

Prowler looked at the wolf from his point, wondering what was going on over there. Akando was supposed to be the worst fear factor, and what was he doing?
He then saw the ball of fur under and between Emerald's and Akando's legs. All he could do was smirk. As could only Flashpoint, who had an easy view of Akando's trouble. Big bad wolf not so tough, are you?
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:46 am

(( *edit* my god I wrote a storybook XDXD ))

Annabelle plopped down onto the ground once Akando lifted his paw up. But Annabelle saw this as playing, and shot right back up from the cold hard ground. She leaped up at his paw again, not even giving him a chance to put his paw back down. She batted at his lifted paw over and over, continuing to giggle cheerfully.

Emerald heard something behind her, and turned around to see a kitten... playing... with Akando? Hummer flashed a quick glance at the tiny intruder, but then but his eyes quickly back on the fox, taking Emerald's position while she dealt with the miget cat. Hummer stared into the eyes of the fox with blank, yet somehow unsettling eyes. Emerald was about to hiss at the kitten to get lost, when the scent of her old home blasted from off the kitten into Emerald's nostrils. Emerald let out a quick purr at the scent, unable to stop herself. The purring ended after about four seconds, and she shook her head to focus on the kitten again. This kitten was from her old home. She could see Cookie staring in disbelief at the kitten behind Akando, in just as much shock as Emerald was. Annabelle remained oblivious to the staring, too wrapped up in batting at Akando's paw to notice.

Emerald slowly walked toward the kitten, eyes wide with shock. She stopped once she was towering above the kitten, and the kitten finally noticed her and stopped batting at Akando. Emerald leaned over to sniff Annabelle, when to her surprise she felt the kitten leap onto her face playfully and knock Emerald onto her back from the force. The kitten giggled madly, and Emerald peeled the kitten off of her quickly, her fur standing up in distaste. She gave the kitten an annoyed look, and the kitten just stared back at her with a mischievious look on her face, tail swinging around behind her from the playfulness.

"What's your name and where did you come from?" Emerald spat at the kitten, only to recieve a wrinkled nose look from the kitten.

"And what gives you the right to say it like that?" Annabelle spat back.

Emerald was in shock at how the kitten was talking back and acting disrespectful toward her, since she hadn't been disrespected like this from an intruder for a long time. She hid her shock though, glaring at the kitten.
"I am the leader of the Scratch Sisters Gang, we own the city. Now, state your name, kitty." She spat, a little fiercer this time, clearly getting a little fed up with this disrespectful furball.

Annabelle stuck her nose up in the air at Emerald. "You don't own the city. The humans do." She spat.

Emerald let out an enraged hiss at the comment, but managed to stop herself from smacking the bundle of trouble. "Just answer me!" She hissed, only to have the small annoyance stick ehr nose up at her again and look off to the side.

Emerald hissed in frustration, then remember the fox they were dealing with. She turned her head to Akando, clearly pissed off and barely containing herself from teaching the arrogant kitten a lesson. "Akando, please take the little rat over to the dumpster while I deal with the fox, since she seems to have a liking to you. I'll go over there later, and if you can, please try and gather some information out of her tiny little brain."
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:07 pm

Flashpoint herself hissed when the kitten spoke back to Emerald in that way, her tail twitching in anger at the immaturity. She hated males, but obnoxious children were high above that hatred.
Akando's ears twitched back at the cat's orders, but, after a moment of hesitation, looked at the kitten. "You heard her," he said in his deepest voice, "follow me."
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:23 pm

Without even a second glance at Emerald, Annabelle trotted toward Akando and padded along beside him rather than walking behind him like she most likely was expected to do. The stubborness quickly evaporated from Bella's face and a small smile replaced it. Her eyes sparkled brightly with a desire for mischief, which never seemed to go away. She glanced up at Akando's face for a few seconds, then turned her head back to what was in front of her, purring contentedly.
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 am

(Woah, a lot was posted. O_O)

Vela kept her position firm, scarlet painted red against the darkness as her brown orbs darted to each cat, but her features remained fearless. "Technically, I'm not of your species, so it doesn't count for my kind," she stated, head held high as her tail flicked, the tip brushing over the concrete.

"But on other matters, my name is Vela, often called Varen."
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:40 am

Emerald turned around to face the fox again, now that the kitten was being watched and couldn't cause anymore trouble. Emerald couldn't help but twitch her eye at the fox's remark, but remained calm nonetheless.
"It doesn't matter what species you are, Scratch Sisters are dominant." Emerald stated, staring the fox directly in the eyes. "Where do you come from, Vela?" Emerald's voice was both calm yet sharp. It was not warm sounding to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:42 am

Flashpoint hissed again, barely keeping herself in check at the idiot's smartass remark. Her claws scraped against the dumpster's lid, making a horrible screeching noise.

Akando's ears twitched at the uncomfortable noise that made its way behind the furthest abandoned dumpster, not caring about his image to the kitten. "I should be out there, seeing that fox has no idea what the hell she's getting into." He breathed deeply then looked at the kitten. "Niether do you. But you've got a weapon she lost."

Prowler gave Veela a run for her money in an expressionless face. But he still sensed something, and even though he wouldn't let it creep onto his stotic face, he grinned inwardly.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 am

Annabelle followed Akando to the dumpster, still purring happily and stayig completely oblivious. Once they stopped, she plopped herself down on the ground and rolled onto her back, looking up at the satrs and the moon that towered above the tall alleyway. She noticed a piece of ripped up paper beside her, and di not think twice about leaping at it. She rolled across the ground with the paper in her claws, sometimes escaping and floating up into the air, only for Annabelle to leap up and catch it again. She made sure she stayed relatively close to Akando, not wanting to wander too far and get lost again. Her eyes twinkled brightly as the moon reflected off her amber eyes, highlighting the mischief that still hung in them and in the air around her.
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:21 pm

The vixen's gaze was high in authority, not giving into the game of cat and mouse, as her muscles tensed; ready to spring at any moment. "I once lived in the wild, but came here for a better life. So far, it's been better. The only thing missing is social commitment," she admitted, ears swivelling in all directions. A single cat verse a fox would be a horrible mess on the cat's side, but a whole clan against a fox would leave the vixen out-numbered and cornered, so she kept that thought in mind incase they decided to attack.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Emerald stared at the fox with intense eyes, her body taking one step toward her. "What is your name, fox?" She growled, her ears going back against her head slightly. Emerald was not going to take any chances of the fox attacking one of her gangmates, and she knew she would have to show no mercy in her words if she wanted to avoid getting her gang injured. She was not going to give the fox a break. She was going to treat her like any other animal that dared wander into the Scratch Sister's alleyway without reason. She would be harsh in her words and fierce in her step, and not let her gaurd down.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 am

Flashpoint couldn't contain her anger towards the fox anymore. "You have a deathwish, you fleabitten bitch?" Her patience was wearing thin of this... thing disrespecting Emerald. Prowler's claws unsheathed into the concrete once more, hoping the scarred she-cat would mind her place. Wait, no, scratch that, it'd be a benifit if she did point out how they couldn't have a fox.
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:10 am

The foxett snarled lowly at Flashpoint, her snarl sounding like thunder in the alley, tail beginning to sway with annoyance. Trying to contain from ripping the cat to shreds, her head whipped back to Emerald, "Vela, often called Varen," she replied simply.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:09 pm

((Sorry I forgot you had already said what you name was XD ))

Emerald shot a sharp and icy gaze at Flashpoint, saying with her eyes for her to step off and to let Emerald deal with it. It was not Flashpoint's place to step in. She was to step in only if asked, and she knew that. She then turned her gaze to the fox. She took one last step toward her, there noses barely apart from each other now.
"Why have you not chosen to make a break for it yet?" Emerald asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow while not letting up her harsh stare.
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Flashpoint made up her mind. If Emerald let the fox in and allowed the pecking order to take place, she was going to kill the ----, by "accident" of course. A little over compensation for a large animal would be her excuse. More scars won't matter to her, plus it would be worth it, killing a fox. If the whore thought she could handle one of the Sisters with ease, she would have a lesson learned when she lay on the grimy concrete stuggling to take in her last breath.

Akando growled softly to himself when he heard the fox dare to rumble at one of the Sisters. And this kitten was just playing?! "What the hell are you doing here, Annabelle?"
Back to top Go down
Wikina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wikina

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 am

(xD)

"It's actually nice, talking for a change," the foxett explained with no fear in her voice, brown orbs whipping to each cat with interest, "even if it's like an interrogation. I have no intentions of taking your food or harming one of you, just to tallk."
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Flashpoint scoffed, her every words pricking her under the skin, "Then you have serious mental issues if you're treating this like a little chat. You know what we do with animals after we're finished indulging our curiousity?" She drew her claws across the dumpster lid, filling the alleyway with a horrible scraping noise.

Prowler shot another glance at the hot tempered female. He had other things to do today than draw lines into the female's already heavily scarred shoulders. Perhaps he needed to begin working on her belly.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Emerald's head snapped toward Flash again with furious eyes. "Silence!" She spat viciously, her eyes staring into Flash's like daggers. She scraped her claws against the concrete, growing impatient.
"You have a pretty twisted sense of company then fox." Emerald replied as if Flash had said nothing, turning her gaze back on the fox slowly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stalking the Night   Stalking the Night - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stalking the Night
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Life :: Two Legged territory :: City-
Jump to: