Lost Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin your legend and travel through many places as either a cat, dog, or wolf. Every animal has a story. Every animal has a destiny. Start yours today.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An email I got (I cried when I read this)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-12-17

An email I got (I cried when I read this) Empty
PostSubject: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:08 am

An Inspiring Story!!

My kind of dog!

An email I got (I cried when I read this) W9cpvn

The dog above is Brutus. He's a military K-9 at McChord. He's huge, part Boxer, part British Bull Mastiff and tops the scales at 200 lbs. His handler took the picture. Brutus is running toward me because I have some Milk Bone treats, so he's slobbering away! I had to duck around a tree just before he got to me in case he couldn't stop, but he did.

Brutus won the Congressional Medal of Honor last year from his tour in Iraq .

His handler and 4 other soldiers were taken hostage by insurgents. Brutus and his handler communicate by sign language. He gave Brutus the signal that meant 'go away, but come back and find me'. The Iraqis paid no attention to Brutus. He came back later and quietly tore the throat out of one guard at one door and another guard at another door. He then jumped against one of the doors repeatedly (the guys were being held in an old warehouse) until it opened. He went in and untied his handler and they all escaped. He's the first K-9 to receive this honor. If he knows you're OK, he's a big old lug and wants to sit in your lap. He also enjoys the company of cats.

Thought you'd find this interesting. Talk about animal intelligence and bonding with humans!

Remember that they can't do a lot of things for themselves and that they depend on you to make their life a quality life!

A PET'S 10 COMMANDMENTS
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is and will be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It's crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, and your entertainment. I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't under-stand your words, I'll understand your voice when you speak to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me or strike me, remember that I could hurt you and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been in the sun too long or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old.

10. On my ultimate journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you're there, because I love you so.

Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a less joyful experience without God's creatures.

Now please pass this on to other pet owners.

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love and joy. It's here on earth and has 4 legs!

(or less)
Back to top Go down
https://lostxlife.forumotion.com
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

Number of posts : 4305
Location : Where Light Meets Dark. Where Nothing meets Nutreul.
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:03 am

T.T

I'm tearing. It's so beautiful. It makes me sad, when I think of my dog alone in the damned quarantine centre...Thunder everywhere.

I WUV U ROVER!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadowofthemist.proboards81.com.com
dragonzdaughter
Guard
dragonzdaughter

Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:16 am

*nifz* so... sad.. eben tho i dont hv a dog, i know wad it feels like, since me and my friend alwasy used to babysit my frien'ds cousin's dog and her grandmas dog...
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

PostSubject: Re: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:20 am

yea...T.T
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:36 pm

I think of my big Poochiepoo, Emmet. After reading this I have been treating him espiecally lovingly lately XD
Back to top Go down
https://lostxlife.forumotion.com
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

PostSubject: Re: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:39 am

Hur!!!

I would too, but mii lil' brooooo is at the idiotically warm quaratine centre..-.-
Back to top Go down
Garneta
Loyal Pack Member
Garneta

Number of posts : 104
Location : I cannot tell you where I am, but one thing's for sure, I am watching you, closely and carefully...
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:29 am

Sniff...so touching. If pets could read, I bet they'll say,"That is too true."
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

PostSubject: Re: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:26 am

yea...T.T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An email I got (I cried when I read this)   An email I got (I cried when I read this) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An email I got (I cried when I read this)
Page 1 of 1