Lost Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin your legend and travel through many places as either a cat, dog, or wolf. Every animal has a story. Every animal has a destiny. Start yours today.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

Number of posts : 650
Location : Blood Gulch Outpost 01. Come in blue command, or red... purple?
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) Empty
PostSubject: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:08 am

Ok, the deal is we're are going to make a script, in a whole new way. I'm not even sure it will work, but heck, it works in real life, eh?

I. Style of roleplay
What we do is we change our roleplay style a bit, into a more formal way.
If you read the starting topic for this whole thing, you'll understand the basics of this type of roleplay. The mere player only controls the character, while the GM, or Gamemaster, controls the enviroment around the character and the character's senses. Here are two examples, one is the proper roleplaying style while the other is not. Guess which one is the right one.

EX. 1
Player 1:
Hawk Flight stepped defensively in front of Eagle Song.
"I am the leader," he said firmly, "I take full responsibility for my pack."
Player 2:
"Then it will be you who dies, insect!" Blitzwing shouted, bulking up his size. He lept forward and latched onto the Windstorm leader's throat, his teeth sinking deeply into the flesh.
GM:
The wind swept across the clearing, sending a leaf straight into Blitzwing's eyes.
Player 1
Hawk Flight used the distraction to wrench away from the wolf's grasp. His throat bleeding, he spread his jaws and blindsighted him.
Player 2 Blitzwing felt the wolf somehow leave his theeth. He cursed.

EX 2
Player 1
Hawk Flight stepped defensively in front of Eagle Song
"I'm the leader," he said firmly, "I take full responsibility for my pack."
Player 2:
"Then it will be you who dies, insect!" Blitzwing shouted, bulking up his size. He lept forward, his teeth aiming to latch onto Hawk Flight's throat.
Player 1
Hawk Flight attempted to shirk away from the death blow.
GM
Blitzwing's teeth however did strike home, but Hawk Flight manged to shirk away before the jaws crushed his windpipe and sever his jugular viens, but his enemy's teeth left some nasty superfical scratches on his neck.

Which one was right? If you answered Example 2 that's correct. Of course, the GM doesn't interfere all the time; a playfight is hardly essential to the storyline and can go as the players wish it, as long as it doesn't result in serious injury or a sudden finding or somehow causes a stampede.

As we're on the subject, if you humans are still following closely so I don't have to repeat myself in later posts, only the GM can initiate the plot if its not a personal matter between characters. Your charaters are controlled by you, and if you want your character to have a romantic discussion or an argument, the GM will not intervene. Which bring us on to...

Try to stick to the storyline thats unfolding, don't go off into an array of subplots unless the GM had already gave you the a-ok to do so before the roleplay begins. And please don't have your character split off from the main group unless told to do so. Dont make your charater storm off in an angered rage to go hunt rabbits. It draws the attention from the main plot. Which brings us on to...

Don't make your character the center of the story Quite simple, really. Two characters will be selected as the main characters, dont try to make your own the focal point. Yes, each of the selected wolves will have a sizeable part, but don't push it. Also, don't make your character be a hero and somehow saves the falling pup, even though he's three hundred yards away. It gets old, real fast.

Your character is at the GM's mercy Yes, be fearful, because we may kill a character, possess it, or braindamage it, leaving you with no more charrie. Be aware that it will not be personal, its just that the story will call for it. And don't go into hysterics if it just happen to be yours

BE REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!! Dear Primus, I can hardly stress this enough. Keep in mind these are wolves, and they are only wolves, which means they don't do CPR, they have no clue what to do if they are on fire, they can't carry one another on their backs, they don't have superstrength, they don't pick locks with their claws, ect. ect.

Be aware any posts that do not follow these rules will be deleted and a PM sent to the writer. Also be aware that every bad post means the better chance of your character being killed off.

OOC
Ah, the good old out of character comments. So tempting, and so much fun, but they clutter the topic up terribly and I appreciate it if you either PMed each other and keep the OOC's to an absolute minimum

Ok, its two am here and I'm going to bed. If I think of more in my dreams I'll post them up. Night all!
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

Number of posts : 4305
Location : Where Light Meets Dark. Where Nothing meets Nutreul.
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:26 am

:O.

That wuz long. But great. Thx fer clearing it up!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadowofthemist.proboards81.com.com
June Rain
Wanderer
Wanderer
June Rain

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:04 am

So is all RP done this way now? Or is it still like the old in other parts of the site?
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 am

This is only for the movie. X3
Back to top Go down
Emerald
Wanderer
Wanderer
Emerald

Number of posts : 61
Location : Galloping off into the full moon, awaiting another battle.
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 am

Okay, I like this a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Kodiak

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:49 am

The movie is kinda... dead Lol, Liz is doing it herself XD
Back to top Go down
https://lostxlife.forumotion.com
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Along with 6 other projects Smile
Back to top Go down
Mistb0a
Guard
Mistb0a

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:33 am

O.O

I wish you luck, Liz!
Back to top Go down
Oi Matt!
Proud of Who You Are
Proud of Who You Are
Oi Matt!

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:31 am

Thankies, I'm gonna need it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)   Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats going on...on? (A briefing and the rules)
Page 1 of 1